13 Sep at Arendsig, Robertson starts 14h00
Grub & Vine Getaways takes the same intimate, delicious dining experience you’ve come to expect from our little bistro, transports it to a secluded location and extends it over the course of a weekend – creating the ultimate gastronomic getaway for anyone who loves food and wine.
In September we visit Arendsig, situated in the middle of the picturesque Robertson valley, and one of Chef Matt Manning’s all-time favourite wine farms.
Friday | Dinner Affair
The weekend begins on a high note, with Chef Matt serving up a five-course dinner in Arendsig’s intimate tasting room. Each course is paired with one of Arendsig’s handcrafted wines, while winemaker Lourens van der Westhuizen shares his insights with guests.
Saturday morning | The Big Brunch
To nurse those inevitable hangovers, guests are treated to one of Matt’s famous Big Brunches… think poached eggs with bacon fat Hollandaise, platters of cheese and seasonal fruit, banana bread French toast soaked in a crème fraiche batter…it will more than tide you over until late afternoon!
Saturday evening | We Braai!
After brunch guests are free to roam the farm and relax by the river. Around noon, Lourens will treat guests to a barrel wine tasting. Nou braai ons! But this is not your typical sling-a-few-tjops-on-the-fire affair; oh no. Expect platters piled high with meat, fish, fire-pit vegetables; you name it, Chef Matt’s braaied it!
Sunday | Light Breakfast
Enjoy a light breakfast and maybe treat yourself to a couple of cases of wine before heading home.
Date: Fri 13 – Sun 15 Sept
Location: Arendsig wine farm, R317, between Robertson and Bonnievale
Check in: Between 2pm - 7pm on Friday / Check out before 1pm on Sunday
Cost: R2550pp (full weekend experience)
- 2x nights’ basic but comfortable self-catering accommodation (converted farm cottages or the Manor House)
- 5-course dinner with wine pairing (Friday)
- Big Brunch, barrel wine tasting and Braai with wine (Saturday)
- Light breakfast (Sunday)
Only 20 spots available. Booking is essential. To book your spot, use the Dineplan calendar.
- Select September 13th and click "Book on Line"
- Enter your amount of guests and select 14:00pm
- Choose "Grub & Vine Getaways" as your seating preference
- Enter your contact details and click "Next"
- Follow the instructions to make payment via Card or EFT
- Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been processed